Hearts and Hands Food Pantry
Hearts and Hands Community Outreach of Garland
Serving families in distress who live in the 75041 zip code, we offer assistance to help satisfy the immediate need for food while using the opportunity to share information about other services in our city that may also provide assistance. Shower facilities now open for the Homeless, Thursdays from 9:00 am to 12 pm.
Located at 1700 W. Kingsley Rd (W. Kingsley & Cortez) Garland, TX (Kingsley between Garland Rd. & Saturn Rd.)
HOURS OF OPERATION: TUESDAY AND THURSDAY, 9:00 am to 12:00 pm
Email: [email protected]
To donate online, simply click the Donate button below. You will be directed to an encrypted form that enables you to donate directly to the church.
- Identification: picture I.D., Driver’s License
- Papers that shows proof of residence in 75041 (utility bill or rent receipt).
- Document sources of income with a paystub or some other means.
- Families/Individuals are able to receive food every 60 days Clients are given a card with that information and return date on it.
- Once intake information is received and income level verified, we will provide the person with food for 5 days depending on family size and needs.
- Information about other agencies in Garland and Dallas County are provided to clients.
- Although our goal is to serve low income people in the 75041 zip code, we will not turn clients away from other zip codes as long as we can obtain the information required. This is a one time only provision outside 75041 zip code area.
- The Axe Food Pantry has been in operation since September 2010. In 2012, we became an agency of the North Texas Food Bank. Donations can be brought by for the Food Pantry Mondays to Thursdays from 9:00 am to 3:00 pm.
We accept donations of non-perishable foods and baby care products.
For the second month in a row, the need for the food ministry is….Jam, Jelly, Preserves, maybe even Marmalade.
- Packaged Dried Beans
- Spaghetti or Pasta Box
- Oatmeal Box
- Canned Meats (chicken, tuna, ham, spam, etc.)
- Canned Soup
- Canned Vegetables
- Canned Fruit
- Evaporated Milk
- Shelf Milk
- Peanut Butter and Jelly
- Box Crackers
- Toilet Tissue
- Feminine Hygiene Products
- Baby Care Products
If you have a gift for service and would like to serve this mission outreach, please contact the office at (972) 278-2175.