Axe MemorialUnited Methodist Church
News and Events
- Monday Devotional: January 17, 2022Eyes Fixed Scripture: Luke 4:14-21 Jesus comes home. He goes to his home worshiping community, as he must have done countless times as a young one. He’s handed the scroll. He opens the scroll to just the right place. He reads. He hands it back to the attendant. He sits … Read More
- Monday Devotional: January 10, 2022Scripture: John 2:1-11 Jesus said to the servants, Fill the jars with water; so they filled them to the brim. Then he told them, Now draw some out and take it to the master of the banquet. They did so. John 2:7-8 Notice the simplicity of this account, how easily, … Read More
- Monday Devotional: January 3, 2022More than Water Scripture: Luke 3:15-17, 21-22 All of you who were baptized into Christ have clothed yourselves with Christ. Galatians 3:27 A childhood memory of church was a pastor walking down the aisle, challenging us to “remember the waters of our baptism.” Remember the waters? You ask. How can … Read More
- Monday Devotional: December 27, 2021Scripture: Matthew 2:1-12 Can you imagine what it was like? What were Mary and Joseph thinking when some men, clearly from a distant land, got down on their knees in front of a child… not the child of a king or noble but the child of a carpenter? Rich men, … Read More
- Christmas Eve Candlelight ServiceFriday, December 24, 20216:00 p.m. Everyone is welcome to our Christmas Eve Candlelight Service this Friday, December, 24, 2021, at 6:00 p.m. We will be having both English and Spanish readings along with all of your favorite traditional Christmas music. All COVID restrictions will be in effect.